Wrapistry (Pty) Ltd (“Wrapistry”) respects privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of users of this Website. Wrapistry seeks to employ best practice when it comes to the collection and processing of personal information in line with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2012 (“POPIA“). A summary of the type of information that is collected when you visit the Website (www.wrapistry.shop) and how this information will be used is set out in this policy.
If you follow a link to any other website, please check their policies before you submit any personal information to those websites.
What personal information do we collect?
When creating a registry on our Website, using the Services and/or the Resources, Wrapistry may collect the following types of personal information, including:
– Name and surname (including the name and surname of your partner (for a wedding registry)), physical and billing address, mobile number, and email address;
– bank account details only in respect of cash fund payments;
– other unique information such as user IDs and passwords, product and service preferences, contact preferences;
– any information necessary in order for us to provide the Services and compile the Resources;
– geo-location information such as your IP address or physical location;
– details of the Services we have provided you or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
– any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through the Website or indirectly through use of the Website or online presence, through legal representatives or otherwise.
By supplying this information, you consent to Wrapistry holding, collecting, processing and using it for the purposes for which it was provided.
You have to supply the required personal information in order to utilise the Services that we provide and the failure to do so will result in you being unable to utilise the Services.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our Website, fill out a form or enter information on our Website and use the Services.
Wrapistry may collect personal information from you in connection with:
– the provision of any Services that Wrapistry may offer now or in the future;
– orders, activations, and registrations for any Services;
– creation of a user profile on our Website and verification of such profile;
– information requests or complaints;
– marketing, newsletter or support subscriptions;
– visits or browsing on the Website.
How do we use your information?
Wrapistry may use your information to:
– provide the Services and/or Resources to you, which may necessitate sharing your personal information with third party service providers located in South Africa as well as outside of South Africa;
– provide you with access to protected areas of our Website;
– communicate with you about Wrapistry’s Services and send marketing communications in connection therewith;
– provide support to you in respect of the Services;
– improve our Services and develop new products and services;
– provide personalised promotional offers;
– measure performance of marketing initiatives;
– answer enquiries, provide information, support or advice about existing and new products or services;
– assess and improve the performance and operation of the Website;
– prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
– to process and respond to any complaint made by you.
Where disclosure has been made to any third party, we undertake to keep records of such third party disclosure and will ensure that all such third parties protect the confidentiality of such personal information as provided for in POPIA.
How we store information collected?
You agree that we may store your personal information in South Africa as well as any country outside of South Africa where such country’s data privacy laws are equivalent or stricter than POPI (including the United States of America and the United Kingdom), or where we have concluded suitable agreements with third parties which comply with the relevant provisions of POPI allowing for the storage of personal information.
Credit card and billing information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Purchases made via credit card will be entered into by the user and will be verified, authenticated and securely processed by Peach Payments (Peach). Peach is certified by the Payments Association South Africa (PASA). PASA is also a Payment Card Industry Data System Security (PCI DSS) Level 1 Certification entity ensuring payment data security utilising PCI compliant processes and technology. This information is not used for any other purpose by us or our financial services providers and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services.
Wrapistry may handle and store your bank account details only in respect of cash fund payments sent electronically by you to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to enable Wrapistry to make payment of the cash fund to you. This information is not used for any other purpose by us or our financial services providers and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services.
Links from the website
The services available through the Website, may contain links to other third party websites, including (without limitation) social media platforms and payment gateways (i.e Peach Payments as mentioned above) (“Third Party Websites”). If you select a link to any Third Party Website, you may be subject to such Third Party Website’s terms and conditions and/or other policies, which are not under our control, nor are we responsible therefore.
Hyperlinks to Third Party Websites are provided “as is”, and we do not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on Third Party Websites.
We do not monitor or review the content of any Third Party Website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of other websites, either.
Users should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any Third Party Website before disclosing any personal information to them. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our Website. This may include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. This allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
This information is used to help improve the experience on our Website, analyse trends and administer the Website.
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without your permission.
Quality and Protection of Your Information
Wrapistry strives to ensure the security of personal information we hold by taking reasonable measures to prevent destruction, unlawful access and loss of personal information. We will on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure. Any compromise of data integrity or confidentiality will be reported to you by written notice.
Your Rights: Access to information
The Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 gives you the right to access information held about you.
You are entitled to:
– request access to any personal information we hold on you;
– request that we correct, change or modify any personal information;
– request to have your personal information removed from our records (it being understood that if we do so you will no longer be able to make use of the Services;
We will require suitable proof of identity from you before we action any of the above requests.
We make every effort to keep the personal information we hold updated, complete and accurate. It is your duty to provide Wrapistry with the most up to date personal information and Wrapistry will then take reasonable steps to update your information as soon as possible.
Any queries or concerns about privacy on this Website should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Lodging Complaints with the Information Regulator