Best Spot To Tie the Knot
Best Spot to Tie the Knot!
Top 10 wedding venues in Sunny South Africa
Your dream day has finally arrived, but what’s a dream day without a dream setting?
Alongside the elation and excitement that comes with every wedding, is also the research, work and effort into making everything “just right”. Your bridesmaids and groomsmen can worry about the fun and games before hand but when it comes to the vital elements, let us help you out! Below is a list of the top 10 wedding venues that our beautiful country has to offer – look no further than this page to discover the gifts South Africa has in store for you.
- Motozi Lodge – you don’t need to go to the Amazon to find rich and exotic greenery. Go no further than 35km outside of Johannesburg to Hartbeespoort for a beautiful backdrop. Matozi Lodge not only offers luxurious gardens to compliment every bridal beauty but has a chapel, a deck with a view, a hall, a bridal suite and even accommodation for guests. If you are looking for a classy setting incorporating nature, this is the place for you!
- Shepstone Gardens – every “happily ever after” requires a fairy tale venue! This is offered by Shepstone Gardens whose legacy started from a small family home on Hope Road, Mountain View Johannesburg. The place is dubbed The Secret Garden and if you pay it a visit, you’ll see why. Not only is it an exquisite setting but the house is deeply rooted in South African history and great names such as Mahatma Ghandi, who was a friend of the local architect, had some say while it was being built.
- Summer Place – Shepstone Gardens is not the only family legacy. Summer Place, situated in the heart of Johannesburg is ideal for an elegant affair. Summer place not only has a variety of venues but also a variety of menus to be tailor suited to your wants and needs. The lawns and setting will make you feel as if your wedding was the royal wedding of the season.
- Memoire – offers the perfect exclusive venue for your wedding ceremony, with various spectacular settings to choose from. This exquisite establishment, not only promises distinct quality and excellent service, but also guarantees a memorable experience with style, grace and opulence. This venue sounds like a dream come true.
- Oakfield Farm – with acres upon acres of greenery and flowers, this is simply a dream come true. Oakfield farm is a gem nestled between Johannesburg and Pretoria- Muldersdrift. The venue is large in scale and one can get lost in the beauty it holds. Start your married life off on this too-good-to-be-true note and make sure you have an excellent photographer to capture the surreal scenery.
- Brenaissance – what more could any couple ask for than a serene setting in Devon Valley, Stellenbosch. Breniassance is a wine and stud estate that offers wine, food, accommodation and even cattle sightings! What a unique way to say “I do”.
- Grand Africa cafe & beach – The perfect romantic wedding destination, Grand Africa Café & Beach embraces a free-spirited beach café culture, nestled poignantly on the sea-front shoreline and flaunting her majestic views of the mighty Atlantic and Robben Island. Your guests will love every second of this venue.
- Cavalli Estate – Somerset West might be the lesser known of the wine farm regions but it certainly has its gems – the most illustrious of which has to be Cavalli Cavalli Estate’s modern architecture is designed to capitalise on the natural climate and environment. There is no better view of the lake and mountains than from here and the glass doors around the venue are simply magnificent.
- Vrede En Lust – Turn lust into love in another Cape setting. Vrede En Lust, not only offers spectacular views from a Cape Dutch structure but also provides service like no other with excellent wedding coordinators and staff.
- The Oyster Box – 5 stars does not come close to describing this venue. We would give it a full sky of stars. Not only is the venue itself sparkling but the view adds the cherry on top. The Oyster Box does all types of weddings, big and small and even offers a complimentary stay for the newlyweds.
- Ushaka Marine World – and just when you think you couldn’t get more exotic, try a wedding under the sea. For your special day, you not only get to be the bride but can almost experience being Princess Ariel in your own Disney fantasy. Need we say more.
- iNsingizi Game Lodge and Spa – located slightly outside Durban for those who crave a romantic getaway. This unique choice is not what anyone would imagine for a Durban wedding which is what makes it so exciting. Not only is it a tranquil setting but it supports local products, making it the ideal venue for the ultimate African wedding.